Steamboat Springs Wine Festival
Do you love wine? Do you love Steamboat? Well you are in luck because every year Steamboat hosts the very fun Steamboat Springs Wine Festival. Every mid-August Steamboat becomes the premier destination for wine makers, wine lovers, culinary masters and guests who love both. You can partake in wine tastings, seminars on pairing wine with food, cooking demonstrations all while being in the great outdoors! With over 500 different wine, beer and spirit samples this is, without a doubt, a great time.
Steamboat Springs Wine Festival boasts many different activities that are perfect for any level of wine lover. Take a look at the list of activates below;
- Wine on the Nine: August 11th – If you love to golf then you should buy tickets to the Wine on the Nine at the beautiful Haymaker Golf Course. This is 9 hole round of golf followed by appetizers and wine tasting with Grant Jennings of Piattelli Vineyards.
- Old World Wines, Old World Technique: August 11th – Explore a selection of wines fermented and matured in Terracotta Amphora (large clay vessels). Discuss the process and technique of this ancient method with the experts from Trofeo Vinyards located in Victoria Australia.
- Wine on the Mountain: August 11th – Take a gondola ride up to Thunderhead Lodge for an amazing sunset over the Yampa Valley with beautifully delicious food and wine. You will be able to spend some time with experts from your favorite winery while indulging in Steamboat Resorts top chefs culinary skills.
- Free Concert Kick-off Party: August 11th – The celebration doesn’t end with your ride down the gondola. Your evening is just getting started! Partake in some 80’s dance music at Gondola Square – libations can be purchased to put a little pep in your step!
- Trails and Tannis (for the novice): August 12th – Take a Gondola ride up to Thunderhead to take a scenic hike with the Steamboat Resort Ambassadors. Following the hike, you can enjoy delicious lunch and tastings.
- Warrior & The Wine: August 12th – Take the time to enjoy an amazing yoga session at the top of Mt. Werner. After you stretch our your Namaste at 10,00 ft you will enjoy lunch and wine tasting!
- Gondola to Grapes (for the connoisseur): August 12th – Take a trip up the Gondola for an inspiring hike with the Steamboat Resort Ambassadors from Chisholm Trail up to Four Points. Afterwards you will enjoy lunch and wine tasting!
- Pedal & Pour: August 12th – Combine your love of biking and wine with a 25-mile ride through the Yampa Valley ending with lunch and wine!
- This Outside the Bento Box: August 12th – Enjoy some Japanese culture and sake!
- Rosés Around the World: – August 12th – Enjoy rosés from across the world with John William Davis and Chef Brian Vaughn of bistro cv.
- Stroll of Steamboat: August 12th – Take a stroll down Main Street along the beautiful Yampa River to sip wine, snack on perfect appetizers and meet new friends!
- Best of The Fest VIP Tasting: August 12th – Raise your glass and join a select group of wineries as they present their best of show.
- Brave the Mountain (for the connoisseur): August 13th – Take a trip up the Gondola for an inspiring hike with the Steamboat Resort Ambassadors from Chisholm Trail up to Four Points. Afterwards you will enjoy lunch and wine tasting!
- SUP & Suds: August 13th – Get your Namaste on with some morning paddle board yoga with Michele Meyer. This also includes lunch and tasting!
- 4 Points & 6 Packs (for the novice): August 13th – Take a hike on the Vista Nature Trail followed by a delicious lunch and a tasting of frosty beers.
- Sip & Savor Spain: August 13th – This is a fun culinary class to explore Paella with Chef Chris Richardson. Taste the perfectly paired wines from Spain that bring out the dish’s strong flavors.
- Breaking the Bottle: August 13th – This is a seminar on female pioneers in the winemaking world.
- Balancing the Blend: August 13th – Wine educator Darren Delmore takes you through the individual grapes, blending process, and then gives you a hands-on chance to try it out yourself!
- Digging Into Oregon’s Pinot Noirs: August 13th – Join mast sommelier Ira Harmon for an educational afternoon digging into the dirt and wines of Oregon.
- Toast of Steamboat: August 13th – The grand finale of the weekend! Located at Gondola Square, come down and enjoy over 500 different wines.
- Amo II Vino – Four Points Dinner: August 13th – Experience the incredible views from Steamboat’s brand new Four Point’s Lodge, while enjoying a beautifully crafted five course mean and artful wine pairings.
- It’s a Mimosa Morning: August 14th – Take a gondola ride up to Thunderhead and take a hike on the Vista Nature Trail with mimosas and brunch to follow!
For more information about times and ticket pricing please visit – www.steamboatwinefestival.com